FOBISIA is a regional Federation of the leading British international schools in Asia. It was founded in 1988 by Ronald Stones OBE.
The aim of the Federation is to promote excellence, high achievement and good practice through British-style education in schools by:
- Keeping abreast of developments in Britain and in the international context
- Promoting consistency of British-style education in FOBISIA schools
- Celebrating the community of British national heritage and cultural identities of host countries and student bodies
- Providing opportunities for inter-school competitions and enrichments programmes
- Facilitating school improvement through shared programmes of professional development to address members’ needs
- Exploring co-operative initiatives to benefit members
- Responding to the changing needs of the expatriate community in the region
- Promoting the Federation and its members
- Fostering links, worldwide, with other groups of British International Schools
- Lobbying the British Government to recognise the aims and aspirations of the Federation and its members as British organisations.