Qatar Foundation | Qatar
To commence as soon as possible
Since its inception, Qatar Foundation has been committed to providing world-class school curricula in order to realise the vision of His Highness the Father Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani and Her Highness Sheikha Moza bint Nasser, stipulating that the future of the State of Qatar is based on the development of its most important resource, namely Qatari minds.
Qatar Foundation started its journey in 1995; and its earliest achievement was Qatar Academy-Doha. The Division of Pre-University Education (PUE) later expanded to include twelve academies and other educational programs, namely Qatar Academy-Al Wakra, Qatar Academy -Msheireb, Qatar Academy- Al Khor, Qatar Academy- Sidra, Qatar Leadership Academy, Awsaj Academy, Renad Academy, the Academic Bridge Program and the Qatar Armed Services Academic Bridge Program, The Learning Center (TLC) and the Education Development Institute (EDI).
These leading educational centres, operating under the umbrella of Pre-university Education in Qatar Foundation, strive to fulfil Qatar Foundation’s message of unlocking human potential, by offering the best academic curricula in order to contribute to the dissemination of the culture of excellence and innovation.
Qatar Foundation has ambitious plans to grow its family of schools, academies and educational initiatives, both in Qatar and wider internationally. To lead these new projects, the President of Pre-University Education will be appointing a Director of New Schools, who will be responsible for supporting the office of the PUE President in the project management of all its activities relating to the development of new schools, from the phase after a new school/program/initiative has been approved until it is ready to be operational.
The key areas of responsibility for this post will include:
- Being the primary driver for PUE in developing new schools, programs and initiatives which need to be managed from a divisional level;
- Providing the education-related input required for creating new school buildings or other school related facilities during interactions with other departments within QF such as Capital Projects, Facilities, Human Resources, Procurement etc.;
- Coordinating activities of schools/departments within PUE related to development of new initiatives/projects;
- Articulating the marketing and roll-out of new programs or schools in coordination with the senior divisional management of PUE and/or school directors;
- Providing leadership and guidance to an incoming founding or first director of a new school and working with that person until the School/Centre opens;
- Hiring and on-boarding of all faculty, staff, and leadership team members for the new School/Centre either independently in the absence of a director, or in coordination with the appointed school director;
- Leading and overseeing the development of the academic components for the new school, program or initiative until hand-over to the appointed director for such school or initiative;
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned by the PUE President.
For further information, please click here to download the Candidate Pack.
For an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Edward Clark on +44(0)1256 862840 or +44 (0)7718 588616, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply for the post, please click on the Apply Now button below and upload your CV and Letter of Application, quoting code DNSQF.
Closing date: 19 January 2018
Qatar Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo relevant background checks.
Competitive Salary and Package
Director of New Schools