3-18 | Coeducational | Day | British Curriculum
International Schools Partnership are seeking to appoint a Principal to found The Hamilton International School which will open in September 2018.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable track record of outstanding senior educational leadership, preferably with experience in UK independent schools, and ideally schools with an international intake with a preference in the Middle East. They will be a visionary, strategic leader and a committed team player who demonstrates a collegiate and collaborative approach to working with others. They will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain strong and positive relationships with all of the school’s stakeholders.
The Hamilton International School will open September 2018 and serve as an international school with a reasonable fee structure offering a high-quality education in Doha, Qatar. The new school envisioned in this academic plan will offer an international curriculum by delivering the NCE, with IPC for England & Wales, as well as GCSE. In addition to the choice of the GCSE, the school will offer Edexcel Level 3 National BTEC qualifications in a selected range of subjects, such as Travel and Tourism, Sport, Performing Arts and Music, Hospitality and Creative Media Production.
The Hamilton International School will have a distinct character based on ‘inclusion’ and ‘maximum choice.’ At all stages, it in envisaged that students will play a central role in their learning through exercising choice and evaluating their own progress. This might be choice of learning activity, choice of project work, choice of play, choice of courses, programmes, subjects or qualification type. ISP believe that offering wide choice ensures students’ needs are best met and interest and, therefore, engagement levels are high. A wide range of GCSE options will be offered, which provide breadth and balance in terms of Arts, Science and practical subjects. ISP recognize that some students may be interested in applied professional learning courses and so will offer BTEC Level 3 qualifications in specific subjects to provide wider study options at KS 5.
Providing a challenging, inquiry based learning culture dedicated to applied professional learning wherein choice and personalization are key to each child’s progress. Integrating technology with Arts, Sciences, and Humanities to ensure students are equipped for the ever-changing future world of work. Ensuring maximum choice in applied subjects through BTEC.
Real Learning by engaging our students in critical thinking and problem-solving activities that embellish their understandings. Developing global citizens for a Real Future, enabling our ambassadors to succeed in our ever-changing world.
Our Vision aligns with the shifts in the ever-changing world which animates our Mission and our Values:
- To Inspire and support our students to discover and pursue their own passion in learning and life through maximum choice and authentic learning opportunities to embrace and create their own future.
- To allow students to explore, discuss, and meaningfully construct concepts and relationships in contexts that involve real-world problems and projects that are relevant to the learner.
- To discover and develop the potential within each child so that each of them breaks boundaries and achieves excellence, with confidence, creativity, and character.
- To involve our students in designing and creating a dynamic, international learning community based on self-expression, diligence, mutual respect and understanding.
- Achieve our academic, social and personal objectives by drawing on the richness of the school environment, the curricula and its people, the broader school community and environment.
- To Integrate Music, Arts, Sports, Big Questions within curricula enabling individuals to personalize their life-long learning and personal growth.
- To enable our students to mix courses between partnered schools across different countries.
To be the best we can in all that we do through inspirational learning, teaching and care.
- To enable students to develop individual character and confidence through exploring what they are interested in and love so that they will achieve success and innovation in the global world.
- To promote leadership qualities, teamwork and life skills in students of all ages so that they gain resilience and diversity of thought and can make difficult decisions in challenging circumstances.
- To establish a dynamic, international learning community, which supports, challenges and excites children as they learn and grow.
- To provide a diversity in curricula to meet every student’s unique needs.
- To ensure our students ‘lead’ from FS1, gaining confidence and resilience through a wide range of creative learning opportunities and applied professional activities
For further information click here for the Candidate Pack.
Closing date – Friday 18th August
Final interviews in Dubai – 19th and 20th September
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this post or the school, please contact Liz Gibbs on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are keen to apply for the post click on the ‘Apply Now’ link below, complete the brief Job Application Form and attach your CV (with contact details of Referees) and Letter of Application, quoting code ISP1. Click on ‘Submit’. We will be in contact with you shortly after your application has been reviewed. If you encounter any problems with this process, please contact email@example.com.
International Schools Partnership are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo relevant background checks.
Competitive Salary and Package